Every equestrian owner, rider, and trainer wants their horse to have every possible edge when competing. Massage therapy is the competitive edge that can make the difference between winning and loosing. Even owners of a pleasure horses want their horses to be the best it can be and massage therapy is the answer!
What exactly is Equine Sports Massage Therapy?
Equine Massage Therapy (EMT) is the use of hands-on therapeutic massage techniques that can increase circulation, relax muscle spasms, relieve tension, enhance muscle tone, and increase range of motion in high performance horses.
The equine industry recognizes EMT as an integral tool in the training, care and well-being of a horse. As popularity of alternative health care for people has become more mainstream, so has using these methods of treatment on animals.
The benefits of equine massage therapy include:
- REMOVAL OF ADHESIONS: Adhesions can form in the muscle as a result of normal exercise.
- DECREASE IN TONE: High tone can limit the full contraction/relaxation of a muscle.
- INCREASE IN RANGE OF MOTION: Tightness in muscles that cross over a joint limit movement.
- DECREASE IN TRIGGER POINT: Tight knots that form in the muscle can be very painful.
- IMPROVEMENT OF ATTITUDE AND APPETITE
- DECREASE IN RISK OF INJURY
- INCREASE FLEXION AND EXTENSION OF MUSCLES
Experienced equestrians use massage therapy as an integral part of their horses’ total and continuous health care program.
*** Massage therapy is not an alternative to veterinary medicine. ***
LifeWave’s AcuLife patches are a new technology for providing pain relief and improving the overall quality of life for your horse. LifeWave’s technology accomplishes this by working with your horse’s body, not against it. You care about the health and well-being of your horse. Now you can decrease your horse’s pain and inflammation in a safe and all-natural way. This is how your horse’s body is supposed to function, both now and all through its life. This is LifeWave. www.aculifetraining.com